Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize for essentially existing

"...because the judges found his promise of disarmament and diplomacy too good to ignore." (more)

Simply bizarre. I thought you had to actually do something to win a Nobel Peace Prize, not talk about doing something. Nothing surprises me anymore.

A few comments from the peanut gallery:

"I find it fitting in a sick way…Alfred Nobel invents dynamite and says to himself “I have created a weapon so horrible that mankind will never be able to use it against each other, I have created world peace” He obviously didn’t create world peace and neither will Obama, so screw them both."

And for a (much needed) laugh:

"Shortly after winning the Nobel Peace Prize for saying he wants to bring peace to the world, Obama was nominated for best director because someone heard him say he'd make a movie some day and it'd be totally awesome."

"Hey I think these guys gave the prize to the wrong entity — didn’t they actually select his teleprompter?"

Comments